The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends a minimum of two dental checkups each year for professional cleaning and management of any developing conditions. Adhering to this recommendation, Lower Creek Family Dentistry encourages all patients to have a 6-month checkup and cleaning which focuses on preventative care.
Preventive dentistry emphasizes the importance of ongoing hygiene procedures and daily practices to prevent cavities and other dental diseases and conditions. Effective preventive dentistry can help your dentist stop dental disease in its earliest stages, protect your smile, and limit your expense.
Your dental exams will include the following:
- X-Rays: Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Tooth Decay
- Examination of Existing Restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Professional Dental Cleaning
Our doors at Lower Creek Family Dentistry are always open to new patients. We’d love for you to join our family! Call to schedule your checkup today.