The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends a minimum of two dental checkups each year. Our Lenoir dental checkups help us professionally clean your teeth of plaque and tartar, and identify any developing conditions before they progress. By scheduling a dental exam once every six months, you can keep your teeth healthy and prevent most serious tooth issues from occurring.
What Happens During a Dental Exam?
Your dental exam will include the following:
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Our hygienists are able to reach areas you may have missed during your usual brushing routine.
- Dental X-Rays: A crucial part of preventative dental care, X-Rays help us detect any decay, tumors, cysts, and/or bone loss not visible above the gum line.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Your dentist will briefly check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Your dentist will check the gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: We will verify that current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are correctly positioned and intact.
If you’ve never had a checkup with us before, we would love for you to join our dental family. To request an appointment, fill out our easy contact form here.