If you are experiencing a dental emergency in Lenoir, call Lower Creek Family Dentistry as soon as possible. In many cases, calling an emergency dentist within 30 minutes can be the difference between saving and losing a tooth.
Our dentists set aside time for emergency procedures to ensure that we are able to help in times of need. In consideration of our other patients, please only call our office in the event of a true dental emergency. Note that issues such as a chipped tooth, a dislodged crown, and any issue that will require composite bonding to repair, are typically not dental emergencies and can be dealt with during our regular office hours.
An issue constitutes a dental emergency if:
- You are bleeding from the mouth
- You are in severe pain
- One or more teeth are loose
- There is swelling in the mouth or facial area
- There are bulges, swelling, or knots on your gums
- There are bumps that resembles a pimple on your gum tissue
- There is a thick, whitish-yellow fluid on/around your gum tissue
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call our emergency dentist immediately.
How to Manage a Dental Emergency
The following tips can help you manage a dental emergency until you can get to the dentist.
- If you are experiencing extreme pain caused by hot food or beverages, drinking cold water may be able to relieve the pain until you see the dentist.
- If breathing causes you tooth pain, try breathing through your nose instead of your mouth.
- Once you have arrived at your dentist’s office, describe exactly what has happened and what you are feeling as accurately as you can.
Experiencing a dental emergency in Lenoir NC? Call our office phone number here.